Carbquik Recipe: Pate A Choux
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cup Carbquik
1. Combine the liquid, fat, salt, in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the Carbquik all at once. Over medium heat stir quickly for 1-2 minutes until the dough forms a ball and pulls from the sides of the pan.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on 1st speed until it has cooled slightly.
4. Switch to medium speed, and slowly add the eggs one by one.
5. Use the paste immediately, for maximum leavening.
GUILDLINES: 1. Adjust consistency by adding eggs.
2. Bake @ 425F for the first 10 minutes, then 375F for approx. 20 minutes, or at 400F degrees overall.
The paste is ready to use, when all the eggs are absorbed and the paste looks smooth.
The paste should hold its shape when piped.
Using a pastry bag fitted with a 14mm round tip, pipe rounds to the size of a quarter onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat or parchment paper.
Do not use greased pans, they will cause the paste to spread and flatten.
Using a bit of water, flatten the tops with a wet finger.
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Put baking sheet into oven and reduce the temperature to 375 F.
Bake until dry, firm and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Leave on hot baking sheet in a warm area to cool. Product may collapse, if removed too soon or cooled too quickly
This recipe contributed by: Chef Gregory Pryor
Back to Recipes.
Back to Carbquik home