Carbquik Recipe: Apple Fritters
Per Serving 47 Calories; 2g Fat (31.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
Net Carbs: 3g
6 eggs, separated
2 cups milk
3 1/2 cups Carbquik
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Splenda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
24 ounces apples, peeled, cored, medium dice
Powdered Splenda, as needed
1. Combine the egg yolks and milk.
2. Stir together the Carbquik, baking powder, salt, Splenda and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the milk-and-egg mixture; mix until smooth.
3. Allow the batter to rest 1/2 hour.
4. Stir the apples into the batter. Mix well.
5. Just before the fritters are to be cooked, whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
6. Scoop the fritters into 350ºF deep fat, using the swimming method. Cook until done.
7. Dust with powdered Splenda and serve hot.
This recipe contributed by: Chef Gregory Pryor
Back to Recipes.
Back to Carbquik home