Carbquik Recipe: Yellow Cake
2 cups Carbquik loosely filled measure, do not tap or pack
1 1/3 cups Splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 drops yellow food color (optional)
Note: If the batter is stiff, add water 1 tablespoon at a time till it is the consitency of a typical cake batter.
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Mix dry ingredients in lg bowl.
3. Add shortening, milk and vanilla.
4. Beat on med for 2 minutes.
5. Add eggs and food color (if using), and beat for 30 seconds more.
6. Bake in greased 13x9 pan for 35 minutes, or until pick comes out clean
This recipe contributed by: Chef Gregory Pryor
Back to Recipes.
Back to Carbquik home